Formed in 1974, the Life Insurance Association of Malaysia (LIAM) is a trade association registered under the Societies Act 1966. LIAM has a total of 16 members, of which 14 are life insurance companies and 2 life reinsurance companies.
LIAM’s objectives are to promote a progressive life insurance industry; to enhance public understanding and appreciation for life insurance; to upgrade the image and professionalism of the life insurance industry and to support the regulatory authorities in developing a strong industry.
LIAM Mission & Vision
- To promote and establish a sound structure in Malaysia
- To promote public understanding and appreciation for life insurance
- To enhance the professionalism of staff and agents through continuous training and education
- To formulate rules and guidelines to instill good business practices
- To give support to regulatory authorities in developing a strong and healthy industry
- To improve the image of the life insurance industry through self-regulation